Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mountain Laurel Designs Duomid (cuben) & MYOG Firestarter

My birthday rolled through Saturday. I expected a good day and it was. Just to add a little bit extra I was treated to a pleasant surprise in the mail. Mountain Laurel Designs got my Duomid & solo inner to me two weeks early AND on my birthday. NICE!

Duomid set up with my LT4 and solo inner... tons of space in there and a bomber pitch

You really have to see it in person to appreciate it...
 I also took a little time to try out a project to MYOG your own fire starters that JERMM posted not too long ago. We don't have any candles to donate so I used parafin wax instead. It melts easily on the stovetop set to low and they set quickly on a sheet of aluminum foil (wax paper would probably work better but we didn't have any). They're light, weatherproof and burn like mad. Give it a whirl & thanks to JERMM for the tip.


3 comments:

  1. That could possibly be the ultimate solo+ shelter for all seasons and all regions in the lower 48. Good call Don.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don you got for your b-day exactly what I thought I was getting for mine and didn't :(
    hmmm..I wonder if MLD mislabeled when shipped...nah just kinding, anyway very nice shelter you have there

    glad you like the fire starters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Don!! Love the fire starter idea.

    ReplyDelete